In the past 35 years, a dedicated and highly proprietary collection of recording-, editing- & mastering tools have been assembled. Microphone techniques and post-production workflow, using these specialized tools, have integrated seamless with artistic and technical expertise. This all leading to a coherent and trustworthy result for every new release.
Both the HQMM® system and the HQ|NORTHSTAR branding, guarantee an optimal gateway between the musical performance and the ultimate experience at the listeners home.
The Northstar Recording Services studio is used exclusively for all the post-production and equipped for CD, SACD, 9.1 AURO-3D and Dolby Atmos mastering.
- 2 PCS Augan OMX-24 MOD/HD Stereo PCM/DSD recorder-workstation
- 3 PCS Merging Technologies Pyramix PCM/DSD recorder-workstation
- V-CUBE, digital video recorder/player / Merging Technologies
- Video post-production PC
- NAGRA–D 96kHz/24bit Digital Reel-to-Reel recorders
- Sony PCM 2000 DAT recorder
- Dolby Atmos Suite
- Rens Heijnis 6 channel Monitoring Console
- Rens Heijnis 2 channel Monitoring Console
- RTW surround Monitor
- Spectral AUDIO DMA-160S, DMA-200S & 4 PCS DMA-100 stereo power amplifiers
- 7 PCS Avalon Professional Mixing Monitors (ceramique & Kevlar)
- Avalon Eidolon 'Special-X' & 3 Indra studio monitors
- Modified Avalon Symbol Sub woofer
- Audio Physic Yara sub woofers
- NP Subwoofer System
- 5PCS Musikelectronic Geithain location Monitors
- Siltech G3 series & Custom mono-crystal microphone cables
- Siltech Professional MXT series
- Siltech Professional S3 & S4 Microphone Cables
- Mogami microphone cables & interlinks
- Crystal mono-crystal 24 ch break-out cables
- 2 PCS Protech DST Encoder, SA-CD Authoring and Annex D&E Verification Applications
- 2 PCS Protech Super Audio Verifier PCI Card
All HQ|NORTHSTAR & Turtle Records® Productions are recorded with the extensive use of Merging Technologies equipment. Final decisions, wether in Stereo, Multi-Channel 5.1 Surround and/or 9.1 Immersive Audio, are made with NADAC+POWER+CLOCK-ULNx as a reference and "Grand Master". Playing back our digital content with a Merging +CLOCK-ULN reference, will give you a 1:1 calibration of the digital signal, as if using the original audio recorder/player at your home.